Give a warm welcome to Amanda Jones, author of Broken Angel, Book Two of The Fallen Chronicles Available for pre-order from Amazon! Today Amanda is a guest blogger on Author’s Secrets, talking about Writer’s Block!
Pull up a chair, grab a drink of your choice from the cooler, a Chocolate Chip or Peanut Butter cookie from the plate, and enjoy Amanda’s post. Then we’ll talk a litte about Broken Angel releasing June 30, 2017.
Take it away Amanda!
Writer’s Block – Perks and Drawbacks
Chapter fifteen of The Fallen Chronicles: Forbidden Angel is proving to be the bane of my existence this week so let me share my experience from Monday to Friday!
Why Writer’s Block Sucks:
1) Turning on my laptop and staring at a flashing cursor like my brain is a slug going uphill through molasses in winter.
2) Actually becoming hypnotized by the repeated flashing of said cursor.
3) I start participating in the imaginary arguments between fictional characters in my head…leading to…
4) Wondering if I have a real need for anti-psychotic medication.
5) Frustration building to the point where I’d willingly trade places with ANY of my characters – including the ones currently trapped in the Abyss of Souls…the darkness may allow me to get some sleep!
Why Writer’s Block Rocks:
1) My home has never been so well vacuumed – despite the vacuuming occurring repeatedly at 3am…(the house is clean, but the cats are terrified!).
2) The crown moulding in my living room finally got painted…at midnight…two nights in a row…
3) I’ve gotten halfway through re-watching Star Trek Deep Space Nine for the first time since it aired and love it as much as I did the first time (thank you NetFlix)!
4) Driving around in the middle of the night playing my favourite tunes with nobody else on the road (as I try to plug a plot hole) is relaxing.
5) I get to share this experience with everyone in the Blogosphere! Poking fun at something we all go through as authors makes it so much more fun!
Thanks so much Amanda! Now how about a little about Broken Angel?
Mara is a beautiful and talented surgeon with everything going for her…at least on the surface. She has a dark secret she has kept buried for centuries.
Bataryal is a fallen angel broken beyond repair…or so it seems.
Will the beautiful surgeon who saved his life also be able to redeem him, or will Bataryal’s damaged soul lead them both into the depths of Hell…
Can we have a sneak peek between the pages of Broken Angel?
Mara flopped back on the pillows. B crawled back up her body, tucking a stray red curl behind her ear as he smiled down at her.
“So? Was that okay?” He asked.
Mara chuckled. “If that was any more okay I think my heart would have started beating again. You’re definitely a fast learner and you do good work, sir.”
B gave her a cocky smile. “We’re just getting started, darling.”
“I was hoping you’d say that.” Mara said with a wink.
Pre-Order Available from: Amazon
About the Author:
Amanda Jones lives in Toronto with her exceptionally spoiled pets. Aside from sharing her crazy imagination with others through her books Amanda enjoys travelling and frequent Netflix binges. Amanda has worked in several fields including sports, music, film, corporate human resources, and is a graduate of York University and Sheridan College.
You can find more information about Amanda Jones here:
Amazon Author Central: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0196WYYRW
It was wonderful having you with us today. Please feel free to stop by anytime. Good Luck with Broken Angel.
Posted in Authors' Secrets Blog and tagged Amanda Jones, Broken Angel, Paranormla Romance by firstname.lastname@example.org with 1 comment.